5 of The Best Road Bikes under $4000
If thinking about picking an urban outdoor sport that is gentle on one’s body, then biking might fit the bill. While starting out a new sport, budget is of great concern. If so, then you might be in the market for some of the best road bikes under $4000. Below is a quick guide for bikes within this range.
|Rank||Road Bike||Price||Quality||Editor Rating|
|1||Costelo RIO 2.0||$$$||A+|
|4||SAVADECK Phantom 2.0||$$||A|
1) Costelo Rio 2.0 Carbon Road Bicycle
This bike is designed to allow the rider to enjoy varied urban terrain. Built from carbon fiber, the bike remains lightweight (weighs only 7.5Kgs), making it easier to ride uphill or when pushing it through an apartment building. It might be important to note however, that the bike does not feature a rear damper. For a road bike though, rear dampers might not be necessary due to complications brought about by maintenance, additional costs and weight compromise.
- Can withstand loads of up to 160Kgs
- 22 speed settings
- Shimano carbon frame wheels with broken wind spokes
- Low Gear, Non-damping, spring fork
2) Diamondback Haanjo Comp Alternative Road Bike
This competition ready bike has features that allow it to punch above its weight. For its bargain price just under $1500, a rider gets a durable aluminium alloy frame suitable for both on or off road rides. Coming in as the heaviest bike in the list (about 20Kg), it is still the most any-terrain ready bike on the list. Being part of the Diamondback Ready Ride line, it ships with easy to assemble parts to get you on the road quickly. Most bikes in this range require professional assembly or hours upon hours of home assembly.
- Shimano 105 front and rear derailleur
- 11 speed Shimano 105 drivetrain
- DB Gravel Disc Carbon fork
- Diamondback Carbon Gravel fork with TRP disc brakes providing better stopping power than rim brakes
3) Kestrel RT-1000 Flat Bar Shimano Ultegra Bicycle
This aerodynamic bicycle is aimed at riders who consider a comfort to be paramount. Built from top of the range components, the bike is no slouch either. Equipped with Shimano Ultegra 11-speed components, this bike is bound to out-perform other bikes in the same range.
- Kestrel’s proprietary Enhanced Modulus Hybrid (EMH) carbon frame
- Oval Concepts 600 flat bar that ensures less fatigue
- Wider saddle for comfort
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro 25c wide tires for better grip
- Dependable Shimano Ultegra brakes
4) Savadek Phantom 2.0 Carbon Fiber Road Bike
Unlike bikes discussed above, the Savadek Phantom 2.0 comes equipped with aero wheels. This makes rides faster for the same amount of effort, than when using shallow rims. Ideal for uphill rides, the bike is also equipped with the Shimano Ultegra 6800 derailleur and brake System, allowing the rider to pick from the 22 speeds available while offering better control. This bike is one of the best road bike under $2000 price range.
- TORAY T800 carbon fiber frame
- Fi’zi:k saddle from the Italian racing company for a comfortable riding experience
- Hard wearing Hutchinson 25C tire
- 48, 52 or 54cm frame sizes
5) Tommaso Carvo Carbon Fiber Endurance Road Bike
The current incarnation of the Italian classic Tommaso Carvo comes with up to date features. From the stopping power of the Shimano 105 set to its gearing options, there is a lot to like from the bike. Though not all components are made from carbon fiber, the bike still manages to be light weight. Paired with Shimano 5800 groupset and RS10 wheels, it comes as no surprise as that the bike is built for high performance on roads. The bike will however require professional assembly.
- 11/28T cassette for a smoother uphill climb
- Premium monocoque carbon frame
- Aerodynamic HCT carbon fork with full carbon steer tube to reduce shock from impact
In conclusion, when looking to buy some of the best road bikes under $4000, as is evident from above, you might not have to compromise for much. Most of the bikes in this range come with the most up to date features. Nonetheless, pick a bike that is comfortable for your height and expected activity to get the best out of each ride.
Disclaimer: We check & update the list every month. Some product prices may have changed since our latest update. Last Date of Update: 2nd December, 2017