Top 5 Best Crossbows under $400
Hunting or crossbows shooting games require a good quality crossbow that can perform the task with ease and also one that is easy to use and comfortable when shooting. Here is a list of some of the best and price friendly crossbows in the market and their specifications.
|1||CenterPoint Sniper 370||$$||A+|
|2||306119 SA Sports||$$||A+|
1. CenterPoint Sniper 370- Crossbow Package
This is undoubtedly one of the best performance crossbows on production by Centerpiont. It is a compound crossbow that measures 36.5 inches in length and weighs just 7.9 lbs. This makes it easy to handle and comfortable to carry around. Despite the customer friendly price, the Sniper 370 comes with an array of features including;
- An arrow velocity of up to 370 fps; making it ideal for hunting light game.
- A draw weight of 185 Ibs; this improves handling and aiming
- Quad limbs with CNC Cam System with anti-dry Fire and auto-safety trigger mechanism.
- Also included in the package is; 4x32mm scope, quiver, shoulder sling, rope cocker and 20 inch carbon bolts.
2. 306119 SA Sports Empire Beowulf Crossbow Package 360FPS
The empire Beowulf is one of the best crossbows for professional activities, be it sport or hunting. Measuring just 34.5 x 22 x 8 inches and weighing just 10 Ibs, it is a convenient machine to handle and carry around. Here are the features that the Beowulf comes with;
- An arrow velocity of up to 360 FPS making it an ideal hunting tool.
- A draw weight of 175 Ibs; making it easy to handle.
- It is also one of the quietest crossbows available.
- Despite a higher price tag, the Empire Beowulf is a good performance crossbow.
3. Barnett Whitetail Hunter Crossbow
Despite coming close to the $400 price tag, the Barnett Hunter is definitely one of the best crossbows in terms of performance and the accessories it comes with in the market right now It measures 33 x 11 x 6 inches but only weighs 6.2 lbs. It is bigger and better to handle. Here are some of the features of the Whitetail;
- An arrow velocity of up to 340 FPS
- A draw weight of 160Ibs.
- CNC machined 7/8″ pica tinny rail Bristle retainer.
- It also comes with; Cocking rope, (3) 20″ carbon fiber bolts, quick release quiver, (1) EVAC glow in the dark de-cocking bolt, 4×32 scope and a tube of Barnett crossbow lube wax.
4. Barnett Recruit Compound Crossbow
It is one of the best small sized compound crossbows by Barnett. Measuring just 10.5 x 32.5 x 7 inches and weighing just 6lbs. the Barnett Recruit is an ideal crossbow for small-framed hunters. With a price tag of under $300, here are the various features it comes with;
- An arrow velocity of up to 300 FPS
- A draw weight of 130 lbs.
- Adjustable butt stock
- It also comes with Quiver, 3 – 20″ Arrows, rope cocking device and premium red dot sight scope.
5. Barnett Jackal Crossbow
The Jackal measures 33 x 13 x 7 inches and weighs 7.7 pounds making it a comfortable crossbow and easy to handle. With a price tag under $300, it comes with an array of features including;
- An arrow velocity of up to 315 FPS
- A draw weight 150Ibs.
- Weaver rail divided fore grip for comfortable hand placement.
- 28mm Single Red Dot Scope, 3 Jackal crossbow quiver and New ADF MIM trigger providing for a smooth 3.5-pound trigger pull.
A good crossbow should not only perform excellently but also easy and comfortable to handle. In ascending form, I have been able to review the best crossbows under $400 with the best features.
Disclaimer: We check & update the list every month. Some product prices may have changed since our latest update. Last Date of Update: 1st January, 2018