The 5 Best Telescopes Under $300
Telescopes have long been used as observation gadgets that have really improved astronomical research. Since their invention decades ago, telescopes have also enabled man to be able to see thousands of miles beyond earth. For astronomy lovers, telescopes come in handy as gifts for special occasions. Here is a review of the best telescopes under 300 bucks and their unique features.
|1||Orion 9024 AstroView||$$||A+|
|2||Meade Instruments Infinity 102mm||$||A+|
Reviews of Top 5 Telescopes under 300 Dollars
Here is the review of 5 best telescopes under $300 in market based on expert opinion, feature and quality.
1. Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope
For many astronomy enthusiasts, the Orion is by far, one of the best telescopes in its category and price range. It comes with clear vision and a cool modern design. It measures 38 x 17 x 11.5 inches guaranteeing space economy and weighs just 32.1 pounds. Some of its other features include;
- It comes with a classic and refractor design which gives it an attractive outlook
- It comes with a 90mm, 3.5 inch aperture with a 910mm focal length. This gives you crystal clear views of the moon, planets and deep-sky objects.
- It is fitted with two Sirius Plossl 1.25″ eyepieces (25mm and 10mm) and a 6×30 finder scope.
- It has a smooth adjusting 1.25″ rack & pinion focuser and starry Night astronomy software.
- It can be used both during the day and at night.
2. Meade Instruments Infinity 102mm AZ Refractor Telescope
This is another top of the class telescope in the three hundred dollar range. The Meade is by far one of the best looking telescopes in its category. It measures 53 x 34 x 34 inches and weighs just 12.2 pounds. It is a high performance telescope with various features including;
- It comes with distinct operation buttons that make it an easy to use telescope.’ It also comes with an instructional DVD for assembling and application guidelines.
- It is fitted with a 102mm (4″) aperture and 600mm focal length. This guarantees you crisp clear images of terrestrial and celestial objects.
- It has a focal ratio of f/5.9 complemented with a Rack-and-Pinion focuser for crisp clear images.
- It comes with a low (26mm), medium (9mm), and high (6.3mm) magnification eyepieces. With this you can clearly see close and far objects quite clearly.
- It has a red dot viewfinder which helps you easily identify the objects you intend to view and then zoom.
3. Celestron 31051 AstroMaster 130EQ MD Telescope
The Celestron 31051 is a small but very powerful telescope, making it one of the best in this price range. It is also good-looking and comes in an array of color shades. It measures just 11 x 19 x 35 inches. It is small and saves on space. It is also light and easily portable. Some of its other features include;
- It comes with 10mm and 20mm eyepieces for magnification. This gives bright and clear images no matter the time of day.
- It is easy to use and assemble.
- The scope also takes standard 1.25″ eyepieces.
- Because of its clarity, it is a perfect astrophotography telescope and takes clear photographs of both the terrestrial and celestial objects.
4. Celestron 22065 Astro Master 102AZ Refractor Telescope
This is definitely one of the best telescopes in the market right now. It comes with an easy to assemble body, making it one of the easiest telescopes to use. It is also relatively small and easily portable. It measures 36 x 30 x 50 inches and weighs 20 pounds. Some of its other features include;
- Glass coated optics for clear observation of the terrestrial and celestial objects even during adverse weather conditions.
- It comes as a quick and easy no-tool setup with quick-release dovetail attachment. This makes it a perfect telescope for beginners and amateurs.
- With the Altazimuth mount’ technology, the telescope is easy to point and focus on objects.
- For easy assembling and use, it comes with a rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25 inch steel tube legs and deluxe accessory tray.
5. Gskyer 80mm AZ Space Astronomical Refractor Telescope
This is by far the cheapest and yet one of the most impressive telescopes in the top five of the refractor telescopes in this category. The Gskyer’ comes with a German technology scope which gives you a crystal clear view of objects irrespective of the time. It measures 39.8 x 13 x 8.5 inches and weighs just 18.1 pounds. Its other features include;
- It comes with 3 lenses offering diverse focal lengths – 5mm, 10mm, and 25mm, each which allows differing degrees of magnification.
- It also has AZ altazimuth mount optical coating. With this, telescope is easy to point and focus on objects.
- With a multi antireflection blue film barlow lens, the telescope guarantees clear images both day and night.
- It comes with an 80 mm aperture and 400 mm focal length which makes it an ideal telescope for both beginners and fanatics of astronomy.
- Because of its clear lens, it is a good choice for astrophotography.
Telescopes are ideal gadgets for people who fancy astronomy. The best ones should come with a number of features including powerful lenses and crystal clear image viewing. This is the reason why the five telescopes above have made it to my top five list.
Disclaimer: We check & update the list every month. Some product prices may have changed since our latest update. Last Date of Update: 22nd March, 2019