5 Best Speed Bag Swivels under $50
A swivel is the connection that provides the fulcrum (turning point) to a speed/boxing bag to move either horizontally or vertically depending on how the speed bag is attached. Swivels come in different shapes, forms and makes. There are those whose components are made of plastic that does not hold up for long, others have stainless steel. Some even have sealed ball bearings. A speed bag is of little use without a swivel. This article discusses why you need a best speed bag swivels and what to consider before buying one.
|Rank||Speed Bag Swivel||Price||Quality||Editor Rating|
|2||TITLE Boxing Deluxe||$||A|
|3||RDX Iron Heavy Duty||$$||A|
5 Best Speed Bag Swivels Reviews
Here is a review of the top five best Speed Bag Swivels in the market and their features.
1. Everlast Professional Speedbag Swivel
In many ways, this is one of the best speed swivels available in the market. With the features it comes with, the Everlast will be ideal for hand workouts as well as boxing training for both amateurs and pros. It measures 8 x 5.1 x 2 inches and weighs just 0.3 ounces. Its features include;
- This swivel made with stainless steel, making it a durable product that will withstand all amounts of force.
- It come with a smooth ball bearing swivel design, which is meant to increase the bag’s speed and accuracy during workout.
- All materials for mounting and an easy to use manual.
2. TITLE Boxing Deluxe Pro Swivel
This is undoubtedly one of the best speedbag swivels available in the market. It comes in handy mainly for pros who have spent some time working out on speedbag swivels. It measures just 4.5 x 4.2 x 2.7 inches and weighs 1 pounds. Some of its features that make it an ideal speedbag include;
- It made of triple chrome plated material for extra-long durability, making it the best choice for professionals.
- Very easy to remove and fix the bag.
- This swivel comes with sealed inner ball bearings that make it super-fast and super quiet during use.
- Easily portable and easy to mount and use.
3. RDX Iron Heavy Duty Boxing Speed Ball Swivel
The RDX is both one of the best speedbag swivels available and also one the best in terms of design. It is an ideal piece for professionals but can also be used by beginners. It measures 4.5 x 4.2 x 2.7 and weighs just about a pound. Some of the features include;
- It is made from a high grade of stainless steel and plated with silver and nickel. This is why it is one of the most durable products.
- It comes with an additional quick release pin feature that easen the removal and fixing of ball.
- Its center hub is reduced to increase efficiency in terms of balance, speed and rhythm.
- With low friction ball bearings, the rotation is also enhanced with no friction.
- Comes with all fixtures and is quite easy to mount.
4. Ringside Super Swivel
One of the most durable speedbags available in the market, makes it the ideal product for pros and boxing enthusiasts. The Ringside speedbag swivel can withstand extreme speeds and punches. It measures 4.5 x 3 x 3.5 inches and weighs 1.3 pounds. Some of its other features include;
- This swivel comes with a triple ball bearing system that has increased its efficiency in terms of speed and rotation.
- Made of solid-polished stainless steel, making it very durable.
- It is fitted with a push pin making it easy to fix and remove the bag.
- It’s all features and is quite easy to mount and use.
5. Title Pro Swivel
This unarguably one of the best speedbag swivels available. According to customer reviews, it has a modern look and also comes with some of the best features. It measures 4.4 x 4.4 x 2.8 inches and weighs 12.8 ounces. Some of its features include;
- Made from steel and triple plated with chrome, making it quite durable.
- Its design allows the bag to move in all directions.
- This swivel comes with a chain-link security systems preventing against loss of the bag.
- Easy to fix the bag and to mount the entire swivel.
Why do you need a good speed bag swivel?
Most speed bags do not come with swivels , and you are most of the time left with no option but to shop for a swivel. This provides you with a perfect opportunity to buy the best, most effective and durable speed bag swivel. You need a good boxing bag swivel because of –
- Bounce well
- Move fast
- Maintain the balance of the boxing bag amidst strong punches.
- Some swivels are also quite noisy to some people who prefer silence.
- Others cannot sustain the quick movements and will keep coming apart in the middle of the training session. Although you are hitting the speed bag, the swivel provides the motion in all directions with respect to the stationary platform.
What to consider before buying a good boxing bag swivel
1) Material: lt is advisable to buy swivels made of stainless steel. They hold on a little longer, unlike those made of plastic that are cheap and look better at the beginning but wear town pretty fast. if you are going to be hitting something repeatedly, it should be built well.
2) Individual Customer Reviews: These reviews may give an extra little bit of knowledge that will affect your decision individual customer reviews are also good, as they may provide insight into someone’s experience trying to return/exchange the product in case it turns out to be faulty.
3) Bag Attachment: Speed bag swivels are constructed either as a hook type or a loop type.A ball-hook swivel is perhaps the most simple. It is effective because there is nothing to interfere with the bag, so theoretically, nothing should alter the angle of rebound. In addition to easy changing of the speed bag, it provides fast smooth movement. On the downside, it is a bit loud.
A U-bolt speed bag swivel incorporates a ball-bearing design. This will provide a fast, resistance free motion, which is probably the main reason they are so popular. Often times they also have the push-pin feature, which makes changing the speed bag quick and easy. The only drawback is that it’s possible for the swivel to interfere the odd time with the angle of rebound if not prperly constructed.
The chain-link speed bag swivels aren’t as popular as the U-bolt swivels, and this is likely because it can be fairly difficult to change a bag on the chain-link speed bag swivels. Whereas they tend to be quiet than the ball-hook design, they require a little more maintenance.
Speedbag swivels are work-out products in use every day. Its use requires it to come with a number of features that will guarantee the user efficiency during use. It should be easy to fix and use, durable and long lasting and pocket friendly. That is why the above five speedbag swivels made it to the list of the top five.
Disclaimer: We check & update the list every month. Some product prices may have changed since our latest update. Last Date of Update: 1st May, 2018