Top 5 Best MIG Welder under $500
Due to the industrial revolution just like other devices MIG welders are available in many varsities. Different models are associated with different sizes shapes, features and shapes. Therefore choosing a best MIG welder under $500 to be a pretty tough task especially if you know nothing about welding.
When purchasing a MIG welder, experts recommend that you consider some specific aspects to ensure that you only get the best welder. Read on to discover top tips you should consider when buying a MIG welder.
5 Best MIG Welder for the Money
|Rank||MIG Welder||Price||Quality||Editor Rating|
|1||Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder||$$||A+|
|2||Forney 29901 125 FC MIG Welder||$||A+|
|3||Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder||$||A|
|4||Lotos MIG140 140 Amp MIG Wire||$$||A|
|5||Forney Easy Weld 299 125FC Flux Core||$||A-|
1) Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder 115V
Hobart being a well-known welding machine manufacturing company has released another top brand MIG welder. This MIG welder is associated with only a 20% duty cycle rating at only 90 amps. This welder tends to be one of the most efficient welding units on the market today.
This good MIG welder is also associate with an industrial feature Of cast aluminum drive system to facilitated your welding desires.
i. Hobart 500559 handler have 5-position for voltage control
ii. Have increased ability to quickly change its drive roll
iii. Have a wider gauge range.
iv. easy to use and also to set-up
v. Efficient to cater for industrial performance.
i. Associated with quality control issue
2) Forney 29901 125 FC MIG Welder Start-Up Kit
Forney 29901 according to experts is a stylish MIG welder present on the market. This welder is a striking bright green welding unit thus making it to be unique.
Forney 29901 has both flux core and MIG capabilities make it to be efficient in farm, automotive and machinery process. This good welder is associated with a wire feeder which parts can be individually replaced.
i. It is suitable for an automotive industry.
ii. Efficient for both carbon and steel.
iii. It supports CV welding.
iv. Easy to use and Durable.
i. It weighs about 57 pounds therefore comparatively heavy.
3) Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
Lincoln Electric K2185-1 is associated with a Diamond Core Technology design. Diamond Core Technology allows Lincoln Electric welder to have a diamond-shaped choke which allows the device to easily starlit can also more efficient as it can weld mild steel up to %-inch.
This MIG Welder also has an increased ability to weld both at low and high speeds. Lincoln MIG Welder draws only 32 to 35 amps making it to be more efficient. It is has a weight of 49 pounds there relatively portable.
i. Welds both MIG and flux-cored.
ii. Easy to setup.
iii. Easy to use.
i. Only a 20Amps maximum welding current
4) Lotos MIG140 140 Amp MIG Wire Welder
Lotos MIG140 Welder is seen as relatively versatile model as you can plug it easily into your e 110V wall outlet, and can be completely set up and ready to weld within 10 minutes of first opening the box, especially as it comes with its own mask. This MIG welder also has a spool gun which facilitates aluminum welding.
i. Durable and Easy to use.
ii. Appropriate for heavy duty process.
iii. Associated with a gas regulator.
i.1t weighs 54.0 pounds hence extremely heavy.
5) Forney Easy Weld 299 125fc Flux Core Welders
Forney Easy Weld 299 according to experts is a stylish MIG welder present on the market. This welder is a striking bright green welding unit thus making it to be unique. It is associated with a 120 volt power input and about 125 amp output.
Forney 29901 has both flux core and MIG capabilities make it to be efficient in farm, automotive and machinery process. Forney Welder is associated with a wire feeder which parts can be individually replaced.
i. Easy to use.
iii. It is a flux core welding device
i. It weighs 41.9 pounds therefore relatively heavy
Tips To Consider When Choosing A MIG Welder
1. Input and Output: If you r are looking for a small project MIG welder experts recommend 115V welder with power output of about 140.However, you should go for a welder with relatively high power output and supply and output if you are looking for a MIG welder for relatively thick materials.On the other hand if you deal with a wide range of material it is recommended that you choose a MVP welder.
2. Duty Cycle: Are you looking for a MIG welder for prolonged project at a go? If that is the case you should ensure the welder has a maximum duty cycle rating. For example, according to experts a welder with only 20% duty cycle rating with 180A/220V will only work for just 2 minutes continually and also requires more than 8 minutes to fully cool down time. Always remember that the more is the output, the lesser will be the duty cycle.Therefore considers going for a MIG welder with a higher duty rating cycle to increase the efficiency.
3. Wire-feed Speed: Wire-feed speed of a MIG welder is a vital key factor to consider as it dictates a welder speed and accuracy. Market platforms have welders with varying wire feed speeds. Therefore you should only select a MIG welder which matches your preferences. Experts recommend that you should choose a MIG welder which is associated with a wider wire speed range options if you are planning to conduct welding activities on different various materials.
4. Spool Gun: Spool gun in a welder plays crucial role hence you should consider it when choosing a prime device. It is recommend that when choosing a spoon gun consider going for the one with an the euro-connect option.
Are you still feeling skeptical about the above top 5 best rated MIG welder under $500 in 2017? Well, most first time users of the above products pass through the same stage. However, your doubts will disappear once you realize how efficient the above 5 Best MIG Welder Under $500can be. Happy shopping!
Disclaimer: We check & update the list every month. Some product prices may have changed since our latest update. Last Date of Update: 2nd October, 2017