5 Best 2 Person Backpacking Tent under 200 Dollars
Camping season has arrived, and it’s time to start breaking out your gear! The foundation of any great camping trip is a reliable tent, and we’ve got you covered. Here are our recommendations for the top 5 best 2 person backpacking tents. And the best part is they’re all 2 person backpacking tent under $200!
|Morrison||Pop Up Tent||Kelty Salida||ALPS Lynx||Sundome|
|Weight||5.53 pounds||6 pounds||4.4 pounds||6.05 pounds||7.17 pounds|
1. Mountainsmith Morrison 2 Person 3 Season Tent
This high-quality tent was awarded the 2011 Backpacker Gear Guide’s “Killer Deal” and “Killer Value” awards. Its durability and unique features are designed to give you a tent that is easy to use, comfortable, and long lasting.
- 35 square feet of interior usable space
- Polyester-2 door / 2 vestibule layout
- Easy to carry -Weight only 4lbs
- Interior mesh storage pockets
- Bathtub floor construction
2. Pop Up Tent Automatic Instant Setup by Zomake
This tent is perfect for those of us who hate pitching tents; just unlatch the strap and the tent will pop up on its own. No more struggling with poles or confusing instructions! This tent is a great option for beach camping and can also be used as a play tent for children. It’s all the fun without any of the hassle.
- Can fit up to 3-4 people, depending on size
- Easy to carry -Weight only 5lbs
- Water resistant and anti-UV
- Excellent ventilation: 2 doors, 2 windows, and skylight
- Folds into 31 inch diameter circle
3. Kelty Salida 2 Tent
Tent pitching is easy with the 2 pole frame and easy to use pole clips. The simple setup and compact design makes this tent ideal for backpackers who are looking for a lightweight tent with quick setup. You can spend more time hiking and stargazing and less time tent pitching.
- 30.5 square foot interior
- 10 square foot vestibule area
- Noiseless zipper pulls
- Large mesh panels
- Fire retardant
4. ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 2 Person Tent
This high-quality feature-packed tent is a great choice for campers who value excellence. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty and quality guarantee. Down to the last detail, this tent has thought of everything, and will not disappoint.
- 37 square foot interior area and 20 square foot vestibule area
- Polyester fly that resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory sealed seams that offer weather protection
- 2 pole frame for easy set up-2 door and 2 vestibule design
5. Coleman’s Sundome 2 Person Tent
This tent under $100 offers high quality for a low price. It comes with all the necessities and features you love, without a price that breaks the bank.
- 7ft x 5ft footprint and 4ft center height
- Rainfly for extra weather protection
- Mesh windows for ventilation
- Bathtub style floor
Whatever you value in a tent-space, design, features, or practicality – you’ll find the perfect fit in these tents. Without sacrificing quality, This 5 Best 2 person backpacking tent under 200 dollars are the affordable options allow you to plan your next great adventure without worrying about price tags. Happy camping!
Disclaimer: We check & update the list every month. Some product prices may have changed since our latest update. Last Date of Update: 2nd December, 2017