The 5 Best Baitcasting Reel under $150 (September. 2017)
Fishing is one of the most exciting out-door activities that one can engage in. Your fishing rod and bait casing reel will determine how successful your fishing trip will be. Here is a review of the best baitcasting reels under $150 and their features.
|Rank||Baitcasting Reel||Price||Quality||Editor Rating|
|2||Abu Garcia Low||$$||A+|
1. Lew’s Fishing Tournament MB Baitcast Reel
The Lew’s reel is one of the best baitcasting reels in the market in its category. It is a strong and durable machine that will lift heavy fish and make your fishing escapade successful. It is fairly small and weighs just one pound, making it easy to lift the catch. Some of its features include;
- It is very light. This makes the entire fishing rod light and easy to cast and lift the catch from the water.
- With a four pin centrifugal break and mag break, this reel can be easily tuned.
- It comes with very easy settings and casting.
- It comes with a strong dragging mechanism, making it ideal for heavy catch.
2. Abu Garcia Low Profile Baitcast Fishing Reel
This is another top of the range baitcasting reel and one of the best in this category. The Abu Garcia is strong and durable reel that is ideal for your fishing activities. It is relatively small and weighs just a few pounds. Some of its features include;
- It is made of X2-Craftic alloy frame and C6 carbon side plate, making it light-weight and equally strong.
- MagTrax brake system makes it easy to tune when using.
- It is also made of a duragear gear system and a titanium-coated line guide, which guarantees long-lasting durability.
- With a 9 high performance corrosion resistant bearings, this reel will never jam.
3. Daiwa Tatula Baitcast Fishing Reels
The Daiwa is another baitcasting reel that has out-performed many of its competitors in this category. It comes as a strong and durable reel that will drag heavy catch out of the water with ease. It weighs just one pound, making it light and comfortable during use. Some of its features include;
- With rigid aluminum housing, the Daiwa is designed to last over a long period of time.
- New T-Wing system makes it very efficient and easy when using.
- With the Ultimate Tournament Carbon Drag (UTD), it can easily drag a catch weighing up to13.2 lbs.
- 7 ball bearings plus roller bearing for easy use and Infinite Anti-reverse, making it quite efficient when fishing.
4. Abu Garcia Classic Baitcast Reel
This is another impressive baitcasting reels available in this category. Just like many other Abu Garcia reels, it comes as a strong and durable reel. It is also light weight and very comfortable to use. Some of its features include;
- It has an in built six-pin centrifugal brake making it easy to tune and efficient during use.
- Contain a 3-bearing system with Instant Anti-Reverse for efficiency when fishing.
- Maximum drag of up to 15 lbs. making it one of the strongest in this category.
- Gear ration of 5.3:1. This makes it quite efficient and easy to use.
5. Shimano Caenen Baitcast Reel
The Shimano is also one reel worth mentioning since it is also one of the best baitcasting reels in the market within that price range. It comes in a relatively small size and light-weight for comfort during use. Some of its features include;
- It comes with very easy set-up and application settings, making it ideal for amateur fish men.
- It is also made of light and durable material for efficiency during use.
- With upgraded bearing system, it can throw bait and drag the catch from long distances with ease.
- It is quiet and will drag enormous weights of the catch easily/
When purchasing a baitcasting reel, you must ensure that it will be comfortable and easy to use when fishing. The top reels have satisfied most of this criteria and that’s why they are the best reel in that price category.
Disclaimer: We check & update the list every month. Some product prices may have changed since our latest update. Last Date of Update: 2nd October, 2017