5 Best Backpacking Sleeping Bag under $100
Planning an outdoors excursion with a night or more spent outdoors? Then investing in the best backpacking sleeping bag under $100 will not only save you money, but ensure that you remain comfortable throughout the night.
Top 5 Budget Sleeping Bag Reviews
|Rank||Backpacking Sleeping Bag||Price||Quality||Editor Rating|
|1||All Season XL||$||A+|
|4||Double Sleeping Bag||$||A+|
|5||Outdoor Vitals OV||$||A+|
There are many cheap backpacking sleeping bags to choose from. We’ve taken it upon ourselves to find the five best models that feature great design, ample space, water resistance and ultimate protection against night chills. Each of these sleeping bags is lightweight when folded and comes with a compression sack so you won’t need to worry about unnecessary weight added to your hiking backpack.
Tough Outdoors All Season XL Hooded Sleeping Bag
- Polyester ripstop shell keeps your body dry even in moist environments
- Temperature range of 25 to 60 degrees makes it suitable for all seasons
- Spacious 88 by 34 inch envelope design fits adults up to 6.6 inches tall
- Weighs 4.0 pounds when folded and compressed
- One year guarantee
This envelope style sleeping bag offers versatility and comfort for all seasons. Made from quality ripstop polyester, the outer shell is both durable and waterproof. You won’t have to worry about getting wet even if sleeping on snow. The high loft insulation sandwiched between the outer shell and woven liner will ensure that your nights remain warm even in temperatures as low as 25 degrees. The Tough Outdoors all season XL hooded sleeping bag is quite spacious measuring 88 by 34 inches. It also features an inner pocket that allows you to store electronics and keys safely. Did I mention that it’s quite versatile? Its envelope design makes it easy to fully unzip it turning it into a queen size comforter.
Teton Sports Tracker +5F Ultralight Sleeping Bag
- Mummy design with three piece hood and full length zipper draft tube
- Diamond ripstop shell, PolarLite insulation and brushed poly flannel for waterproof, lightweight and warm build
- Measures 87X34X22 inches and fits adults up to 6.2 feet height
- For temperatures starting at 5 degrees
- Weighs 4.1 pounds and Limited lifetime warranty
Teton Sports Tracker +5F comes in the popular mummy design with dimensions of 87 by 34 by 22 inches. The outer shell is made from diamond ripstop polyester which is tear and water resistant. The design includes a full length zipper tube which makes it easy to fully close the sleeping bag eliminating cold spots. Integrated body mapping technology makes sure that areas such as your feet won’t get cold even when temperatures dip as low as 5 degrees Fahrenheit. Fitted with a three piece hood, this sleeping bag will keep your whole head and face warm even in the most extreme night conditions.
Coleman North Rim Extreme Weather Sleeping Bag
- Mummy style sleeping bag with drawstring hood and box shaped foot
- Diamond ripstop polyester shell and polyester lining
- Temperature range of 0 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit
- Fits adults up to 6.2 feet in height
- Weighs 6.25 pounds when folded and 5 year limited warranty
If you want an affordable sleeping bag that you can sleep in even in temperatures as low as 0 degrees, the Coleman North Rim Extreme is a good choice. It’s a mummy style sleeping bag with a polyester shell and lining. This sleeping bag is designed to keep your whole body warm and comfortable. The full length zipper includes a draft tube which eliminates cold spots. A drawstring hood fits snugly around your head and face keeping it warm throughout the night. This spacious sleeping bag will fit adults of up to 6.2 feet in height and weighs 6.25 pounds when folded and compressed.
Sleepingo Double Waterproof Sleeping Bag
- Polyester shell and cotton/tetron inner offers warm and comfortable nights
- All season use in temperatures of 32 degrees and above
- Double sleeping bag fits two adults and can be separated into two individual bags
- Includes 2 traveling pillows and lifetime warranty
- Weighs 6.2 pounds
Cuddle at night inside the Sleepingo double sleeping bag that easily fits two adults. This versatile sleeping bag measures 87 inches by 59 inches and can actually be separated into two different sleeping bags. The outer shell is made from waterproof and tear resistant polyester which will keep you warm and dry even in moist cold nights. The inner lining includes a combination of cotton and tetron which is breathable and extra comfy. The Sleepingo double sleeping bag can be used in all seasons and temperatures as low as 32 degrees. It comes with two free traveling pillows and a lifetime warranty.
Outdoor Vitals OV-Light 3 Season Sleeping Bag
- Drawstring hood cover most part of your face to keep it warm all night
- Fit for adults up to 6.6 feet in height
- Easily zipped together to create double sleeping bag
- Lifetime limited warranty & weighs only 3 pounds
- Ripstop nylon shell keeps you warm and dry even in temperatures as low as 35 degrees
If you’re looking for an ultra lightweight sleeping bag not to be used during winter, the 3 pound Outdoor Vitals OV-Light is a good choice. The outer shell is made from ripstop nylon with VitalDry DWR coating that makes it waterproof and extremely durable. It’s a mummy style sleeping bag that can keep you warm even in temperatures as low as 35 degrees. Besides the zipper, its design includes a drawstring that ensures that there are no cold spots while you sleep. Measuring 83 by 29 inches, it will easily fit adults as tall as 6.6 feet.
The best sleeping bag is one of the most important gear you’ll invest in for any outdoors activity. I’ve reviewed the 5 best backpacking sleeping bag under $100 and hope that you’ll find the one that fits your budget and outdoors needs.
Disclaimer: We check & update the list every month. Some product prices may have changed since our latest update. Last Date of Update: 2nd August, 2017